Schedule a Virtual Appointment Today!
Call 720-458-6185 or click below to schedule a FREE virtual appointment with our team.
OR Start the process on your own: Details here.
Preparing for your appointment:
Please come prepared for your appointment. Being prepared helps the appointments go more quickly and smoothly.
Appointment slots are limited. Please call if you need to cancel or reschedule so we can help another person.
New clients, you must complete Intake Paperwork before your appointment. Check your email for a packet from IntakeQ.
How do I get help figuring out the best option for me?
Doctors Care’s certified Health Coverage Guides can help walk you through it! Schedule a FREE virtual appointment with Doctors Care.
What should I do if I am making less money?
I lost my health insurance, how do I make sure I’m covered?
- You now have 60 days to enroll in health insurance under a Life Change Event.
- Depending on your situation, you may qualify for Medicaid OR a plan on Connect for Health Colorado.
- If you had insurance with your job you may be able to keep the same plan through Cobra, though it will be more expensive.
Where do I go to apply if I want to apply on my own?
When do I need to make changes to my account?
It is important to keep all your information up to date in PEAK or Connect for Health Colorado whenever there is a change. There may be tax consequences at the end of the year if you do not keep your account up to date. You might even save money on your premium with some life changes.
- You will need to update your account if any of these life changes happen:
- Got married/divorced
- Had a child
- Changed or lost your job
- Change or loss in income
- Death in your household
- And More
I got a letter from Medicaid asking me to re-determine. What does that mean?
- Every year you must re-determine. This is the process of updating your account to see if you still qualify for Medicaid. To stay on Medicaid you must complete this process*.
- *Due to COVID-19, a Public Health Emergency (PHE) is in place.
- During the PHE people will stay on Medicaid even if they are over income. When the PHE ends, those who are no longer eligible for Medicaid will get a special enrollment period to buy new coverage.
- If you got a redetermination letter, you need to respond.
- As of 10/02/2020, the new end date of the PHE is expected to be January 21, 2020. If you are no longer eligible for Medicaid your Medicaid will end on January 31, 2020 and you will have to shop for new health coverage. You will only have 60 days to shop for new coverage.
- If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact a Doctors Care Health Coverage Guide at 720-458-6185.
What is Public Charge? Should I be worried about it?
- Temporary Protected Status
- U or T Visas
- Refugee Status
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- Individuals renewing a green card or applying for citizenship
What if I have a question that is not answered here?
Doctors Care’s Health Coverage Guides are happy to answer any questions you may have. Call 720-458-6185.
Need additional information? Check out Doctors Care’s resources below.
To schedule call 720-458-6185 or click below:
Connect for Health Colorado™ is an online marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses in Colorado can shop, compare and purchase health insurance. Learn more about Connect for Health Colorado. Doctors Care is a certified enrollment center.