November 1, 2021 – January 15, 2022
Saturday, December 11 virtual Appointments are now AVAILABLE!
Schedule a Virtual Appointment Today!
Call 720-458-6185 or click below to schedule a FREE virtual appointment with our team.
OR Start the process on your own: Details here.
Member Eligibility Determination for Monthly Child Tax Credit Payments
A recent expansion of the Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 allows Colorado families to receive up to $300.00 a month for every child ages 0 – 5 and $250.00 a month for every child ages 6 – 17 living in their household. Families who filed taxes in 2020 may already be receiving these checks or direct deposits.
The child tax credits do not count as income for eligibility for Health First Colorado, Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and other public assistance programs.
Preparing for your appointment:
Please come prepared for your appointment. Being prepared helps the appointments go more quickly and smoothly.
Appointment slots are limited. Please call if you need to cancel or reschedule so we can help another person.
New clients, you must complete Intake Paperwork before your appointment. Check your email for a packet from IntakeQ.
Open Enrollment FAQ
Open Enrollment has begun, here’s the breakdown of the timeline:
- November 1, 2021: Open Enrollment starts, you can now apply for your 2022 Health Insurance Plans!
- What if I need help enrolling in a 2022 Health Insurance Plan?
- Make an appointment with us, your trusted Connect for Health Colorado Enrollment Center
- Call 720-458-6185 or visit our website at https://doctorscare.org/Enroll to make an appointment
- What do I need for my appointment?
- Income estimate for the year 2022
- Household size and each member’s name, date-of-birth, employment status, social security number, citizenship/legal status and individual income, tax filing status
- How do I know which insurance plan is for me?
- You will need to think about how often you visit your PCP
- Do you visit a specialist
- Do you have prescribed medications
- Do you already have a preferred PCP and or hospital?
*Overall think about what are the essentials that you will need covered throughout the year, and have those in mind when reviewing plans.
What is the 2022 Health Insurance Plan Renewal Process?
- Connect for Health Colorado will automatically renew Health Insurance coverage for eligible customers on Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at midnight, for coverage starting January 1, 2022.
- You can actively renew your current plan between November 1, 2021, and December 1, 2021.
- Active Renewals: Customers who are eligible for auto-renewal and who opt-in (i.e., they log in to their account and actively renew their plan) will have their enrollment sent to the health insurance company within one business day.
- Passive Renewals: Customers who are eligible for auto-renewal and passively renew (i.e., they do not log in to their account to make changes by Dec. 1) will have their enrollment sent to the issuers on Dec. 1.
- After the plans automatically renew on December 1, 2021 customers have until December 15, 2021, to update their account and change their plan for January, as needed. Customers can self-serve by logging into their account, canceling their current enrollment, submitting a new application to receive an updated determination, and then shopping for a new plan.
REMEMBER – Doctors Care is here to assist you in the Renewal Process. Call 720-458-6185 or visit our website at https://doctorscare.org/Enroll to make an appointment
How do I get help figuring out the best option for me?
Doctors Care’s certified Health Coverage Guides can help walk you through it! Schedule a FREE virtual appointment with Doctors Care.
What should I do if I am making less money?
I lost my health insurance, how do I make sure I’m covered?
- You now have 60 days to enroll in health insurance under a Life Change Event.
- Depending on your situation, you may qualify for Medicaid OR a plan on Connect for Health Colorado.
- If you had insurance with your job you may be able to keep the same plan through Cobra, though it will be more expensive.
Where do I go to apply if I want to apply on my own?
When do I need to make changes to my account?
It is important to keep all your information up to date in PEAK or Connect for Health Colorado whenever there is a change. There may be tax consequences at the end of the year if you do not keep your account up to date. You might even save money on your premium with some life changes.
- You will need to update your account if any of these life changes happen:
- Got married/divorced
- Had a child
- Changed or lost your job
- Change or loss in income
- Death in your household
- And More
I got a letter from Medicaid asking me to re-determine. What does that mean?
Every year you must re-determine. This is the process of updating your account to see if you still qualify for Medicaid. To stay on Medicaid you must complete this process. If you got a redetermination letter, please respond immediately.
What is the Public Health Emergency?
Due to COVID-19, a Public Health Emergency (PHE) is in place. During the PHE, people will stay on Medicaid even if they are over income. When the PHE ends, those who are no longer eligible for Medicaid will have a 60 day special enrollment period to buy new coverage.
PHE is likely to extend through the end of 2021. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact a Doctors Care Health Coverage Guide at 720-458-6185.
What is Public Charge? Should I be worried about it?
- Temporary Protected Status
- U or T Visas
- Refugee Status
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- Individuals renewing a green card or applying for citizenship
What if I have a question that is not answered here?
Doctors Care’s Health Coverage Guides are happy to answer any questions you may have. Call 720-458-6185.
Need additional information? Check out Doctors Care’s resources below.
To schedule call 720-458-6185 or click below:
Connect for Health Colorado™ is an online marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses in Colorado can shop, compare and purchase health insurance. Learn more about Connect for Health Colorado. Doctors Care is a certified enrollment center.